Queen of the World by Popular Demand

OK, so the title's a bit...delusional. But I started signing some letters to teachers in college with that, and I think it's fun, and obviously not serious. However, I DO think that everything would be fine, if people just realised that I'm always right. ;)

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Status report and review of "Knitting Lace Triangles"

Well, here are the status pictures for the Luna Moth Shawl - I'm almost half way through my yarn - I have 2 full repeats to go, and then the final half pattern repeat and binding off. Hrm - maybe that means that I'm somewhere less than halfway done, but I'll be optimistic!



The Summer Shawl is also coming along, a bit more slowly. I'm up to row 197, and need to knit about 25 more rows before I start with the edgings. At the moment, this is the shawl I'm working on during m lunch breaks.




As for the new Evelyn Clark book, I'm somewhat disappointed. It's a "Chinese Restaurant Menu" approach to making shawls out of 4 pattern options, and the same edging she always uses. It's a good book, but come on, I've seen that edging so often it's starting to give me nightmares! Other than that, it's actually a good book, but it doesn't go into how to adapt other patterns, other than the 4 she has in the book. I think it's a good beginner book, but leaves people that want to learn new skills and how to apply them a little lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home