Queen of the World by Popular Demand

OK, so the title's a bit...delusional. But I started signing some letters to teachers in college with that, and I think it's fun, and obviously not serious. However, I DO think that everything would be fine, if people just realised that I'm always right. ;)

Saturday, September 2, 2006

Pinwheel Shawl finished!!!

Hooray, the Pinwheel shawl from the Two Old Bags pattern is finished!!!


















Here's a shot or it being graciously modeled by my Mother:

















And here's a close up of the pattern:



All in all, this took one pair of 14" straights (I like Colonial Rosewood) in size 6, two and a little bit of a third ball of Rowan Kidsilk Haze, and about 6 weeks of my life (I'm not the fastest knitter, you know). I'm very pleased with how this came out.



What's next? Well, I'm fiddling around with a few things, we'll see what turns up!

:)
Gretchen

6 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Wow! that is gorgeous! Love the color! I too am slow, that would take me a year LOL! Nice work! :)

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Wow! That looks AWESOME!!!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Fireflyinva said...

Awesome job, Gretchen...
So wear it over sometime and we'll knit!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Jinann said...

Wow is that beautiful! You must be on top of the world!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Lizardknits said...

Gretchen - the pics I took yesterday are up on my blog. www.Lizardknits.com
Elizabeth

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger MiniLaura said...

Wow! Beautiful!. I guess I was expecting something round with the make like "pinwheel."

Scout wants to see more Brutus photos! Meow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home