Must not buy more yarn (right now)
So lately I've been noticing that I can go to a store and not buy yarn. Good for me. However, I still find myself online at work or at home, desperately WANTING to buy yarn.
Today, I found myself wanting to buy some Zephyr, and started contemplating buying it by the cone at a discount site. Realizing that I was heading for trouble, I called Paul. Paul gently reminded me that I had a lot of yarn. Talking it over with him, I was able to "talk myself down" from buying the yarn.
Please bear in mind that "the man" isn't dictating what I can and can't do. But he IS being very helpful, pointing out that I have lots of yarn already at home, and suggesting that I make a list of equivalents (3 skeins of Rowan Kidsilk Haze equals a hardback book and maybe a CD). I also realize that I should make a full inventory of the yarn that I already have.
Clearly, I like buying yarn. I actually think I like it more than I like knitting itself. But, since I have every intention of performing major stash enhancements at STITCHES this year, I need to rein myself in on buying right now.
Besides, I have some lovely laceweight yak (the animal, not the noise) silk yarn that would make a beautiful shawl, but it's hiding somewhere!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home