Queen of the World by Popular Demand

OK, so the title's a bit...delusional. But I started signing some letters to teachers in college with that, and I think it's fun, and obviously not serious. However, I DO think that everything would be fine, if people just realised that I'm always right. ;)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'm getting my knit back!!!




This is the Pinwheel shawl by Two Old Bags, in Rowan Kidsilk Crack on size 7 needles.

1) it's going quickly
2) it's fun
3) I feel like I'm DOING something PRETTY!!!

I see SO many blogs, with SO many pretty shawls, and to be honest, I feel SO inadequate when I look at them! I was really getting knit-apathetic lately. I wanted to knit something, but for my life I couldn't come up with anything, till I pulled out this pattern, and decided that I didn't want to deal with lace on small needles. So I ended up with the 7s.

I have a couple of other projects still in the works - 1)the Kinzel shawl (that woman was a GENIUS), 2)the hedgehog that I need to full, 3)the Wool Peddler's Shawl from the Folk Shawls book, that I have reworked to make it a bit more to my liking, and 4)a mohair loop shawl that I'm knitting during lunch at work that I intend to keep in the office for when it's cold.

I'm just so relieved that I got back into the basic enjoyment!! YAY!!!

2 Comments:

At 5:13 AM, Blogger Jinann said...

Ooooh......can I have it? It's GORGEOUS! (The color is wonderful too!!!!)

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger MiniLaura said...

fuzzy goodness!
I want to reach into the screen and touch it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home