Queen of the World by Popular Demand

OK, so the title's a bit...delusional. But I started signing some letters to teachers in college with that, and I think it's fun, and obviously not serious. However, I DO think that everything would be fine, if people just realised that I'm always right. ;)

Monday, September 17, 2007

Stupid Sea Silk (grumble, grumble)

Well, I learned a few things on Sunday.
1) Sea Silk can get a little tangled when you try to ball it.
2) The yarn ball can fly off your ball-er if you are not careful (please, don't ask why.)
3) Sea Silk DOES NOT look good in the Pinwheel Shawl, one of my favorite patterns. At least, the Ebony colorway muddles the pattern too much, as pretty as the yarn is.

But, I've persevered, and I think I have a good pattern in mind to try - the Shetland Shawl from Wrap Style. Wish me luck!

I also finished my Luna Moth Shawl, and it needs to be washed and blocked. I'm not posting pics of that till I've blocked it, because it's just a big lump of yarn right now. Well, a medium sized lump of yarn - I just wanted something for my shoulders with that shawl - it's more of a scarf than anything.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home