Back for a bit
Well, the last couple of weeks have been busy. Last week, I was at a work conference, this last Sunday and Monday I was on vacation looking at the fall color in Coudersport, PA, and tomorrow and Friday I'll be in Ottawa for work.
I've found that it IS possible to mess up what might be the world's most simple shawl - Sharon Miller's Wisteria shawl. Just 4 simple pattern rows, three of them the same, and knitting back. On the other hand, I also managed to fix the problem relatively easily. I had neglected to cast on the 5 stitches on one side during a cast-on row. This was resolved by a simple wrap and turn short row. I'm still missing a patterned row and repeat in one section, but it's a large shawl and it won't show up. Had I any foresight, I'd have put in a lifeline, but the pattern *really* is simple, so I keep putting it off.
On a sad note, two of my friends got hit in the AOL layoff on Tuesday. Here's hopeing they find new positions soon. As I say, life is much better after AOL.
I'll try to get my Shetland Lace shawl blocked this weekend, and I'll try to get some pictures uploaded to the blog. In the interim, y'all have fun!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home