Queen of the World by Popular Demand

OK, so the title's a bit...delusional. But I started signing some letters to teachers in college with that, and I think it's fun, and obviously not serious. However, I DO think that everything would be fine, if people just realised that I'm always right. ;)

Monday, August 8, 2005

Previous FO and Tivoli progress!





Yay, I finally have some progress on my Tivoli!! I had to stop for awhile, because my hands were hurting - I think I've been channeling my inner Alice Starmore.

Tivoli's being done with Mission Falls 1824 Cotton, discontinued, on size 6 needles, for a 50 inch bust. To fit the 50" bust, I'm using the 37" bust pattern, with yarn that knits at a larger gauge, and it's working perfectly. This is a good exercise for me in terms of working patterns for the idea, as opposed to knitting it blindly. I AM pretty much following the pattern verbatim, but I'm having to do alot of thinking along the way. Whee!!! This pic was taken when I was about 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 inches below the underarm.

The shoulder wrap is Cherry Tree Hill, anfd IIRC, it's Baby Loop Mohair in Northern Lights or Peacock. I'll eventually edit this post with the correct yarn info. I cast on 60 sts on size 17 inch needles, and just did a bar increase on each side, knitting in garter throughout, untill I thought it was done. Nothing fancy - I just fell in love with the yarn, and had to do SOMETHING with it - I mean look at it!!! Wouldn't you??

The close up is of my penannular from R.E. Piland. Rob's a fantastic goldsmith!!!

Thanks to Lissa for taking the pics for me at our knitting group. KnitKnutz' ROCKS!!!!

:)
Gretchen

1 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger rincaro said...

Looks like your tivoli is gonna be a perfect fit! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home