Queen of the World by Popular Demand

OK, so the title's a bit...delusional. But I started signing some letters to teachers in college with that, and I think it's fun, and obviously not serious. However, I DO think that everything would be fine, if people just realised that I'm always right. ;)

Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Finally, a pic of my Tivoli!



Thanks to Grumperina for a totally fab pattern!!!

I've finally gotten a chance to upload a pic of the Tivoli sweater that Grumperina designed. I'm doing things a bit differently than she suggests for the pattern, however:

I'm using Mission Falls 1824 Cotton (discontinued). I'm casting on the same number of stitches for the 37" pattern, however, Mission Falls Cotton is a larger yarn, and I'm getting a slightly larger gauge. Since it's cotton, I'm going to get ALOT of stretch, and with the extra width that I'll get with the larger gauge, I'm pretty hopeful that it'll fit. I'm also knitting this on size 6 needles instead of size 7. I've learned from past experiences with this yarn that I want to knit it a bit tighter. I just hope that my fingers will forgive me!!

This picture is from yesterday - If I'm lucky, I'll be able to finish the raglan increases for the sleeves today!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger MiniLaura said...

HEY! welcome to the world of blogging! I can't wait to see your finished purple Tivoli. And I'm looking forward to seeing lots and lots of Brutus photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home